Data Conversion Laboratory has been named one of the 100 Top Companies in the Digital Content Industry for 2012-2013 EContent Magazine 100!
See the list, here!
Data Conversion Laboratory, Inc. (DCL), a market leader since 1981, converts and organizes content—to create electronic documents, populate databases, and publish on the web & mobile devices—and get it ready to meet the needs of technology today and in the future. Our diverse customer base spans all industries including publishing, aerospace, defense, telecommunications, automotive, technology, pharmaceuticals, libraries, universities, professional societies, government agencies, and utility providers.
On-shore project management coupled with a proven 5-step automated production process ensures projects are delivered on-time with the highest level of accuracy and ultimate ROI for our clients. Located in New York, DCL provides support services for high-volume data conversion, data entry, and data processing through facilities worldwide.
DCL's services help to refine document conversion strategies, identify content redundancy, extract metadata, and transform legacy and future documents. We specialize in projects comprised of complex technical documentation typically characterized by elaborate tables, equations, cross-referencing, special characters, footnotes, and specialized imaging requirements. Our proprietary software can be adapted and modified to manage any data set producing any uncompromisingly consistent end-product.
Our portfolio of solutions includes:
- Composition / Rendering — Services for publishing to PDF, HTML, and eBook, supporting all source and target formats and DTDs.
- Consulting / Project Management — Consulting services, management of multi-vendor projects, set-up, on-site Do-It-Yourself (DIY/In-House) project team management, and more.
- Digital Publishing — Composition, conversion, copyediting, proofreading, typesetting, formatting, and pagination for publishers and organizations of all types including NLM XML & Bookshelf XML for JATS, PubMed Central, and other repositories.
- Document Conversion — Conversion from all formats to all formats, quality assurance, content reuse analysis & harmonization, content tagging, metatagging, transcription, and translation services for all industries. If you have a document, no matter what it is, we can convert it to what you need it to be.
- eBook Production — Conversion of novels, non-fiction, children's books, textbooks, enhanced eBooks, fixed layout, poetry, and mobile content; all formats including EPUB, MOBI, and PDF, and supporting all devices such as the Apple iPad/iPod/iPhone, Barnes & Noble Nook and Nook Color, mobile apps for Apple iOS and Google Android OS, for viewing on any mobile device, PC, Mac, or Linux computer.
- Harmonizer™ — Proprietary software to identify content redundancy and to resolve and consolidate minor variations in text.
- Quality Assurance — Stand-alone assurance service providing independent reviews of converted results or to provide oversight for DIY (in-house) or outsourced projects. Can be performed pre-conversion to catch errors early in the process, or post-conversion to endure no errors appear in the final product.
- Software — Proprietary automated conversion software and rendering & composition software available in XSLT and other languages.
- Structured Product Labeling (SPL) — Conversion of data and documents to XML standard for the pharmaceutical industry requirements.