Publishing Industry Services
Read Amber Swope's whitepaper on DITA XML
Why Publishers Should Use XML...
See why XML is so versatile, and how it will help all types of publishers.
Converting Documents to PDF
Learn about the different types of PDF files, their advantages, and the estimated costs of producing them.
How Much Does Document Conversion Really Cost?
Learn about the different factors (source, target, type, graphics, revisions, etc.) that go into a conversion project.
DCL's broad range of conversion services for any and all data and document sets.
Content Reuse Assessment —
Fact sheet detailing DCL's Content Reuse Assessment capabilities.
eBook Production Services —
Fact sheet detailing DCL's extensive eBook production experience.
Data Conversion Laboratory (DCL) offers back-file and ongoing digitization services for a diverse array of clients across the publishing spectrum including:
Different forms of publishing include:
- Education — Textbooks, workbooks and study guides for K-12 and secondary education
- Legal — Books, series, journals, and other documents
- Periodicals — Magazines, newspapers, quarterlies, and product catalogs
- Publishers and Authors — Manuscripts, novels, children's books, trade books, and any other document to eBook formats such as EPUB and MOBI
- Reference — Encyclopedias, anthologies, manuals, and cookbooks
- Research — Journals, pre-published papers, and other documents or manuscripts
- Societies and Associations — Reference manuals, journals, and databases
- Scientific and Technical Manuals (STM) — Subscription-based journals, web-accessed repository content, periodical publications, books, and papers
DCL's eBook production services support all hand-held devices including all Amazon Kindle versions, Barnes & Noble Nook, Apple iPad/iPod/iPhone, and many more mobile devices, apps, and desktop computer applications.
DCL's expertise, superior toolset, and proven techniques allow us to move smoothly through every type of project and convert materials from any source, even bound paper books, to any target format including, but not limited to: XML, XBRL, EPUB, MOBI, JATS for PubMed Central, NLM for journals and manuscripts, and Bookshelf XML for books. We provide fast turnaround time, the ability to meet special project requirements, management of complex projects, as well as foreign language transcription and translation including Latin-based and double-byte characters.
Additional solutions for publishers include rendering and composition services to PDF, HTML, or XML, supporting any source or target DTD. For those clients who prefer a more hands-on approach, DCL also offers rendering and composition software in XSLT and other languages.
DCL converts every type of information from all major word processing, typesetting, document formats ...and paper. We create XML, SGML, HTML, and all other structured formats. Our services include:
- Adaptable software to support recurring data streams and content reuse
- Content Harmonization software to identify reusable text across large content collections
- Expertise with both structural and content-based DTDs and a wide variety of DTDs and schemas
- Expertise with DITA, S1000D, OeB, and other specialized DTDs
- Legacy conversion of paper, PDF, and electronic source formats to SGML/XML
- Management of large-scale, multi-vendor conversions
- Simultaneous conversion to multiple DTDs and schemas
- Upgrading SGML and XML to new enhanced schemas and DTDs
DCL employs a US-based project management team and maintains long-term strategic relationships with facilities on four continents providing support services for high-volume data-entry and data-processing services. Our familiarity with the complex technical documentation typically characterized by elaborate tables, equations, cross-referencing, special characters, footnotes and atypical imaging requirements ensures that no project is beyond our capabilities. DCL's data harmonization software eliminates duplication and identifies near duplicates in archives of letters, allowing experts to create a standardized response system for future letters. DCL can adapt and modify its proprietary software to manage any data set, using an automated approach to produce an uncompromisingly consistent end product. With DCL's extensive project management and quality control, you don't expend internal resources to fix the data later. We get it right ...every time.