Thank you for your interest in DCL! The following opportunities are currently open:
Role and Responsibilities
Data Conversion Laboratory (DCL) is seeking a full-time Software Engineer for its Queens, New York office. DCL converts client documents to standard formats, such as XML, SGML, and HTML. The Software Engineer works with project managers to develop programming specifications and then turns those specifications into working solutions. To do this, the Software Engineer:
- Analyzes functional specifications and hand-tagged samples prepared by project managers or data analysts
- Determines how to deliver required conversions
- Customizes configuration of DCL mapping tools to reflect tagging requirements for specific projects
- Identifies unique requirements and builds additional filters as needed
- Delivers Proof-of-Concept and production samples to project managers or data analysts for evaluation
- Tests conversions and iteratively refines based on input from DCL staff and customers
- Sets up production environment required for each project
- Works closely with project team and participates in all team meetings and decisions
Desired Skills & Experience
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree, or equivalent, in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Perl, or XSLT.
- Familiarity with SGML/XML, HTML,VBA, and Electronic Publishing software are all a plus.
- Working knowledge of XML standards such as DITA, eBook, NLM, DocBook or Military DTDs a plus.
- Working knowledge of electronic data conversion business a plus.
- US Citizenship is required due to contractual requirements for some projects.
If you are interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.