Fresh Meadows, NY – April 23, 2018 – DCL has updated Harmonizer™, software that identifies content reuse potential across multiple document sets. Harmonizer™ 2.0 adds more source formats, provides deeper insights with better reporting, and other new features.
DCL, a leading service provider that transforms content into smarter formats, will introduce Harmonizer™ 2.0 at the CMS/DITA North America conference in Denver, CO on April 23-25. Harmonizer™ 2.0 is the newest version of DCL’s automated software tool that examines document collections of almost any size to identify reusable content within the collection. Harmonizer™ 2.0 identifies both identical content and content that is similar based on a number of criteria.
Harmonizer™ 2.0 replaces a labor-intensive manual process typically done using spreadsheets, yellow highlighter markers and sticky notes to identify potentially reusable content. The new software incorporates new functionality that facilitates the automated analysis of larger data collections with more varied document types, provides for more flexible and sophisticated analytics, and more.
“Harmonizer provides content focused organizations tremendous insight into their content, how much duplication there is, how much inconsistency there might be, and what their opportunity might be to clean up and better operationalize their content. Using Harmonizer, content organizations can easily plan and act to drive efficiency and hard cost savings into their processes,” said Brian Trombley, DCL National Sales Director.
Harmonizer™ 2.0 – new capabilities:
- More Source Formats: Harmonizer™ 2.0 ingests and processes virtually all prevalent source formats, including Paper, Image, FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, PDF, WORD, XML, HTML, XHTML, SGML, allowing more of the document set to be incorporated into the analysis
- Content Assessor: Provides analytics on the entire collection, organizing data points by relevance, summarizing tiers by content character length, unique list of tags, number of occurrences per tags, number of words per tag
- Textual Analysis: Provides extensive analytics on content and structure to facilitate comparison across the collection
- Increased Granularity: Supports comparisons at multiple levels, including the sentence level
- Easier Configuration: options to tailor the analysis to include or exclude portions of the materials
- Dynamic Analytics Reporting: Online summary and detail reporting operate against live data, and provide the ability to drill down to include and exclude specific types of content
- Expanded Sequence Reporting: Provides analytics on blocks of potentially reusable adjoining sections, identifying larger blocks of materials that should be prioritized
DCL is exhibiting at CMS/DITA North America, and Brian Trombley, DCL’s National Sales Director, will co-present "Learn from the Leaders" on Tuesday, April 24th at 8:00 am, and will also showcase Harmonizer™ 2.0 at 4:50 pm.
About Data Conversion Laboratory, Inc. (DCL)
Data Conversion Laboratory, Inc. (DCL) (dclab.com) has been helping organizations transform their content to smarter formats for over 35 years. DCL’s services include automating XML & HTML conversion, metadata enrichment and web scraping using the latest innovations in machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) technology. DCL helps organize content for modern technologies and platforms.